Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Regret

"We regret to inform you that you were not selected to move forward in our hiring process..We wish to thank you for your interest in [our office] and for the opportunity to discuss the position with you. Our human resources department will keep your file for one year after the original filing date. You may update your file anytime through [our website.]

Please accept our best wishes for success in your employment goals.

Sincerely,
[The same office who worked your ass off  during your first year in law school only to say better luck never. Obviously, it's not even who you know, what you know, or what you did for us that can help land a job. Therefore, you'll be even more at a loss for what employers want.] "

At least they didn't use the word "endeavour." My sadness and disappointment wasn't that deep when I got the official word. After so many rejections, I've become somewhat desensitized to failure. However I'm still human. I cut. I bleed. I feel. I am. I had a feeling from my last post that I wasn't going to get it.   I sat in my car for about half an hour, just staring into the steering wheel, wondering where I'll be going from here on out.

2 comments:

  1. JDA, I really enjoy your blog. Hang in there because I'm in the same boat. I graduated and passed Bar in 2010, but no job offers. Solo may be the way to go for me. Keep your head up and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gobshite. It's always a little bittersweet to know that other attorneys are in the same position as me. We can all empathize with what we are experiencing but it's not something anybody wants. Yeah, trying the solo route has been on the back of my mind. I'd rather go the more "traditional" path but opportunities have been finite. Best of everything to you.

      Delete