Monday, March 19, 2012

A month has gone by..

since my last post. I've been meaning to write more but I figured people would be bored at this point  reading the same thing. (Appearances here and there; still looking for a full-time gig.) I know I would.

I did land two interviews with one of them being from that government office where I used to work. The interview was more of the same but I emphasized how I enjoyed my experience working for that office and was name-dropping a few colleagues hoping they will ask them and get a response something to the effect, "Oh yeah, I remember JDA. He's a great worker. Hire him!" For the first time in an interview, I was asked if I had been receiving any CLEs. I told them I haven't been taking any CLE courses but I've attempted to keep current via daily briefs emailed and other internet sources.. I wanted to say, "Look, the CLEs you're talking about cost money and that's money I don't have right now."  I called the office this morning just to check  my status. The guy told me they'd be emailing notices today for the people who made the first cut. He couldn't find my file immediately but I told him it's alright. I was opening my email account hourly hoping to see that yellow marker you get in your gmail account. You know the one that's labeled "important." It's 10:00 pm and I haven't received anything. Either state employees are working long into the night or I didn't make the cut. Now, I'm only waiting to receive the official news and seeing that word 'endevour' again.

I was also asked a similar question during the other interview. It was for a private personal injury firm.  They wanted to know what was I doing from the time I was licensed as an attorney to the time I've been making appearances. I told them bluntly I was looking for work. They didn't seem shocked by my answer as they received many applications from attorneys who have been barred for a couple years and still haven't landed a job. They informed me I should be hearing their response within a couple weeks, however I already know I'll see 'endevour' or some synonym too.

No comments:

Post a Comment