Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Meeting Clients

I had another appearance today but the wait was the longest I've ever had. I met the client and his family who were very nice people. It was their first time in court so I made sure to explain what would take place. I felt bad for them not only for their legal situation but because they waited nearly two hours for the case to be called. Original time was set at 8:30 but client wasn't called until a little past 10:00! After the appearance, I answered more of the client and his family's questions. They thanked me for their help and I thanked them for their patience. I never expect such things to start on time but I didn't expect it to be this late. I didn't have breakfast before court because I thought I'd be done by 9:30. I was still able to get that deluxe platter at McDonald's though.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, Happy Thanksgiving JDA!!!

    Second, congratulations on all your law-related freelance activity. I hope that you would get a steady stream of contract work, better yet, a permanent and full-time law job in the coming year!

    Third, try to grab a bite before court next time. It's hard to think on an empty stomach. Then again, a story about an atty passing out in court due to hunger would be wicked and might bring you crazy infamy! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks FJD! Hope yours was good too. Yes, you think better with food in your stomach but making appearances doesn't require much thinking. If I do get a full time job, I definitely will not skip breakfast.

    ReplyDelete