Monday, November 7, 2011

New Post

Sorry for the mundane post title but it's the best I can come up with right now. I received a message from an employer asking me to call them back to verify a few things I listed on my resume. I'm not sure what they're asking, probably has to relate to my availability. I called them back but got their voicemail. Funny thing is I don't remember this specific employer. I'm sure I applied to them but with all the anonymous craigslist job postings, it's hard to identify the one to whom you sent your materials.

Another employer emailed me today to let me know my application isn't complete. They need a copy of my transcript because the one I sent doesn't list the name of my school or the matriculation date although it lists all my classes and units obtained for each term. I'm most likely going to email them a picture of my diploma.

Update 12-8-11
I spoke with a representative from the firm that wanted to verify a few things. It was mostly how much experience I have in certain areas and like always I answered with "none" to a lot of the questions. In that areas where I have no experience, I just resorted to telling her I will learn arduously and work hard for them. The rep said they'll call back if I qualify for an interview but with so many "nones" I gave, I doubt I'll hear a call for an interview. It was good to receive a call from an employer nonetheless.

I emailed the other employer a picture of my diploma but still have yet to know if it suffices for my application. I should get a response tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. It's great to hear that there are some movements on the job front for you. I hope both lead to decent job offers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks FJD! I hope the same for you now that you passed that bar!

    ReplyDelete