Sunday, January 8, 2012

That old familiar feeling again...

Well, it's been almost a month since I've been given an assignment and that feeling of emptiness is starting to creep up again. I haven't received any replies from the jobs I inquired nor have I seen any ads where I qualify to apply. I got a voicemail from my boss asking about the calendar dates for the clients. I was hoping he would give me more work or at least talk about paying me for my last assignment. I hope he didn't forget but I wouldn't be surprised if he did, considering the many times I had to re-send his clients' schedules.

For some reason today, the thought of never having full-time attorney work for the rest of my life crossed my mind. I always used to think it would be a matter of time, albeit  a long time but never was it that devoid of hope. Maybe I'm overreacting to a year of unemployment and such a time span is not a good sample size but it's not a good feeling right now.

I like to imagine me receiving that job offer, being in the office and hearing the words, "We'd like you to work here" or something to that extent, walking out of the building with a jubilation in my heart and probably water in my eyes. Only until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment