Friday, January 27, 2012

Delayed

Well, I was supposed to receive my check last week but he said he was busy and wouldn't be able to meet. He told me I can pick it up this week but I haven't heard from him at all. It's a little frustrating to say the least but what can I do about it? Eventually, I'll get it within a month because the client's next appearance is scheduled then and I have discovery.

I also haven't heard from that last employer who called me. I'm expecting his secretary to schedule an interview soon. Hope they didn't forget me either, right?

I applied to a job posting with quite the few spelling errors. When I was a new attorney, I probably wouldn't even have bothered sending my materials but with nothing out there, beggars can't be choosers.

One of my friends got a full-time job in the government office where I used to work during my law school years. She's been working there for over a month now. I was happy for her but sad and a little angry for me. She never worked in that office or in that field before she was hired. Granted, she had experience working in another unrelated field but no courtroom experience nonetheless. She was called in for an interview and eventually given an offer. Things like that make me wonder what exactly they are seeking in an employee. It's like they completely forgot about the people who helped them in the past. I've always said I'm not expecting to be given handouts only a chance. I was never given an interview and I feel disrespected. There's no such thing as loyalty in this business.

3 comments:

  1. Where do you live, JD?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I can help... I am an attorney working for a large firm in Manhattan Beach and willing to help where possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now, I'm in southern California.
    @2:01, Thank you so much for the help but I'll have to pass it up for now. Knowing how it's a small world in the attorney field, I prefer to be anonymous. My boss and other people will probably not be happy regarding a few of my publications. I, however, appreciate it. Glad to see there are attorneys like you willing to lend a hand.

    ReplyDelete