Sunday, February 19, 2012

More stuff

Made a couple appearances last week and for the first time, I was involved in plea negotations. My boss explained to me what the client wanted so I just had to talk with the DDA about getting a deal. I explained to the her a brief synopsis of the case and that our client has no prior records. A lot of times, the prosecution doesn't know the details of the charge until the date closer to the preliminary trial. Eventually, we worked on a tentative resolution where our client would plead to the charge , complete a program for one year, and pay a considerable amount of fines. If our client complies, then the plea will be withdrawn and the case dismissed. It seems like a good deal to me but of course the client has to decide.

I also heard back from one of those government offices again. It was the same office that rejected me in the past. They just asked if I still wanted to be considered for the position and of course I said yes. They informed me someone will contact me within a few weeks to schedule an interview. [Hmmm, this pattern keeps repeating itself.] I don't have my hopes up because at this point I realize there are things beyond my control. I'll take it for what it is: a phone call about a "possible" interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment