Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I Dream In Color

Last night, I had a dream that I got a job with the law firm where I was interviewed last week. The office was a medium size general practice firm who, just like everybody else, informed me they would let me know of a decision within two weeks. First thing I remember in my dream is showing up to the office and talking to the other associates. I don't know why I was there but the associates were talking to me as if I'm also their co-worker. I told them I'm not sure if I should even be here because I don't think I made the cut. One of them said we can always check the wall. Apparently, a framed group picture shows all the employees. I was certain I wasn't going to be in the picture because I was never photographed. Everyone was wearing casual clothes and it appeared to have been taken at a park.  After looking closely, I saw myself in the far background wearing an over-sized white shirt and a pair of jeans. I was surprised to see myself but later felt elated and excited. The feeling was similar to seeing my name in the pass list of the bar exam website. I was just able to breathe easier. After believing I worked there, we checked to see the note our managing partner gave us. The note read something to the effect of  "You guys all did a great job! Take today to socialize among yourselves!" We were all ecstatic. I was conversing with the staff and talking about how I'm just glad to be here and how tough it was looking for work. Next thing I remember is we were heading to the airport for a nice getaway. When I was boarding the plane, I finally woke up. Reality set back in quickly and it felt like everything was taken away from me. I wanted to close my eyes, hoping I can get back on that plane but I stayed awake. I knew it wouldn't change anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment