Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I'm mad at my boss.

I made another appearance in court last Friday and without divulging too much information that risks revealing the identity of the parties involved,the best or least worst thing which resulted from trying to fix all the mess was that the client didn't have to go to jail.  I'm saving all correspondence between my boss and me regarding this client. There's a chance I might have to cover my back just in case the ethics committee asks me about a malpractice claim. If there is a claim, it'll be focused on my supervisor, not me. I just don't want any blame headed my way.  I'm not sure if it's enough to be considered malpractice but I'm certain it's enough for the matter to be investigated. If I was the client, I'd be pissed and rightfully so. She was actually confused about what was going on and so was I during the proceedings. It was a huge blunder.  What was supposed to be no more than a 15 minute appearance in court ended up dragging out for 3 frustrating hours talking to the client, my boss, the city attorney, and the judge.   After it was over, I felt spent and sad for her. I wanted to yell at my boss, "What the fuck happened!? You know what just happened to her?! Why the fuck did you put me in this shit?! This is all your fucking fault!" It wouldn't have taken much to prevent this mishap from occurring, simple book-keeping really. Of course, he had his explanations but similar events  have taken place in the past. Granted, they weren't as extreme as what transpired Friday but the frequency of these events  just makes me question if he's really aware of his clients' dispositions. Sometimes, I feel like he's  not taking his clients' cases seriously. I want to tell him you either have to do these things yourself or you need to be absolutely certain about the case's status when assigning me the job. Although I do get paid, I don't want to gain money at the expense of the client's welfare, especially not what happened last week. It's not worth it. If going back in time and not experiencing what happened only took a matter of paying back what I'm owed, I'll gladly oblige. I'm going to talk to him hopefully in a couple days and I got to let my grievances out.

I want to leave this job but nothing is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment