Thursday, February 2, 2012

Just Continuing

Made two appearances this past week . I met other attorneys who were in a similar position as me. We were all the youngest looking in the courtroom so it wasn't that hard to strike up a conversation about our employment status. Two of them were licensed since 2008. [They didn't tell me this information but I just looked up their info on the state bar website. Their addresses are registered to a PO Box and a residential address.] We talked about other things not related to law such as sports, sports radio, etc..It was a good respite from all the legal jargon you hear inside the room. I sometimes get lost when unfamiliar terms are thrown out, thus causing me to retrieve the meaning of this lawyer slang from the internet or my boss.

I also got my check today. My boss said he has more work  for me this month but I really don't believe it until things are more definite which usually means giving  the details of the client and the courthouse location.

I called that employer's office who said he'll have his secretary set up an interview. I spoke with the receptionist who didn't know if the position is still open.She informed me the guy is in court but will call me as soon as they can. Where have I heard that before?

No comments:

Post a Comment