Friday, February 3, 2012

Playground Rules

I mentioned in my previous post how I looked up attorneys' information from the state bar website. I also searched the whereabouts of friends, former colleagues, and various people I met during law school related functions. Nearly all of these people graduated from highly recognized universities. I discovered more of their addresses are registered to law offices. Of course, it doesn't necessarily mean they are employed as attorneys, however their linkedin profiles list themselves as associates for those offices.

When I see people getting jobs, feelings of disappointment reemerge. I'm happy for those people but I always have to exhale some frustration. It's like going back to the playground days when everybody is lined up next to each other and one by one they're being picked to play except you.  I was always the smallest kid and I'm sure it's the reason why I was overlooked so many times. Let me tell you however, I was real good when I got  to be in the game. After a few games, people who saw me play would pick me for their team.

In this job market, people are already playing and I'm on the sidelines waiting for the next game. Maybe it's the size thing again as I didn't graduate from one of those top 25 or whatever US News Rankings school that employers want that's getting me overlooked but I do know I'm just as good or if not better than attorneys out there. Just to got to get into the game...

No comments:

Post a Comment