Monday, February 6, 2012

What else?

The more I visit this page, the more I feel things are slipping away from me. I sent an email to that attorney whose secretary told me they'd call back as soon as possible. I bet I'm never hearing from them.

I checked my outbox dating all the way back when I first sent a job application as an attorney. I remember I was so excited and proud to be signing Esquire at the end of my name.  It was just a craigslist job posting that didn't respond. Figures how this pattern would persist to this day. It's only been a little over a year but when you're jobless,life moves much slower. Ironically, however, it still feels like your're running out of time quickly.

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried doc review jobs? Or is that something you'd rather stay away from? Do you apply to any attorney jobs or is there a particular field you pursue? Do you volunteer at any law related organizations? I am so sorry to hear that it's taking this long to find a full-time job. Hang in there JDA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks FJD! I haven't tried doc review jobs and Iprefer not to do them. The ones I've seen ask for at least a three month commitment and some for a 6 month commitment. I apply to any attorney jobs regardless of field. As long as I meet their requirements, I apply. I don't volunteer at any law related organizations because I'm not sure what's out there. Maybe I should look. I'm doing alright, still working this non-law related night shift gig. Just trying to land something full-time.

    ReplyDelete