Wednesday, August 31, 2011

And it keeps on pouring..

Two months ago, I applied for an entry level attorney position for a government office where I was a law clerk in my first year of law school. When the applications for this attorney position opened, I thought I had a good chance of at least being interviewed. It was a medium sized office and I was the only law clerk there during my time. I figured my experience with them would definitely give me this opportunity.
Last Friday, I called the human resources department inquiring about my application and they said someone would call be back with that information. Earlier today, I received a voicemail telling me my application was received but I wasn't considered for the job. The first feeling was disappointment but it was more of the "hey, don't you guys remember me?" disappointment. The type of disappointment where you thought they wouldn't forget the people who've helped them.   Maybe I'm a little naive to think after all those hours I put in, all that work I did, sleeping in early on  Friday nights because I'm exhausted from the week, that they wouldn't just place me aside? I know I did a great job unless the people I worked with lied to my face when they said they really appreciated my help. I wasn't asking for a job, I was just asking for a chance.
Oh well, just got to keep on..

2 comments:

  1. Be still, sad heart, and cease repining;
    Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
    Thy fate is the common fate of all,
    Into each life some rain must fall,
    Some days must be dark and dreary.
    - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

    Stay positive JDA! It can't be raining all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks FJD! Yeah I figure it has to stop raining eventually. Sooner than later I hope.

    ReplyDelete