Friday, August 12, 2011

July 2011 Bar Exam Questions Released

July 2011 Bar Exam Questions
I'm surprised the questions for this past exam are already published. I thought it'd arrive about two months later as what happened with my test.

First thoughts
I would not have passed this exam. BUT that's only because I've been away from study mode for over a year. It's amazing how much you forget  the law after the test but on the other end, it's even more amazing how much you learn preparing for the bar exam.The brain is a very curious thing.

The most difficult question for me to answer would have been #2. Looks like civ pro? I don't recall learning much about motions to compel, dismiss, and summary judgment during Barbri.
#1 would have been my least difficult question to answer. The question was simply asked: "What crimes were committed?" I hope nobody wrote an excerpt about causes of action for torts committed!

These sets of questions would have been more difficult than my July 2010 test. Luckily for me, my exam didn't contain my worst subjects. My strong suit is criminal law and torts. So I was extremely relieved when three questions revolved around that area.

Memorable Bar Exam Moment
Speaking of relief, I remember during day 2 of the exam that I had to take a #2 during the exam! I ate a whopper meal for lunch and I knew it was going to come back to get me. When I walked into the restroom, the stall was occupied! After grudgingly waiting for 3 minutes, I proceeded to expel this demon. A proctor was present but contrary to belief, the proctor did not watch me during my business.  [I could have wrote a few notes inside my underwear before the day and skimmed it during this time. I did not cheat but I'd be lying if I told you I didn't conjure any scenarios during the weeks leading into the exam.]  Ironically, this toilet trip benefited me because afterwards I felt relaxed.  I was able to finish the MBE and had about 15 minutes to re-check my answers.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know, you probably would have had a good chance to pass this particular exam. The first PT was a bitch, but I didn't hear as much retching coming from the bathrooms as I did on exams past.

    I think, overall, this was one of the easier bar exams, which is why I'm projecting a high pass rate. Of course, that also means that there will be many worthy candidates hanging just below the pass line who might have passed on a "more difficult" exam. My rationale for that position being that everyone should be able to write a passing answer for a straight CrimLaw, Contracts, PR, and CommProp essay. The average score on the CivPro and RealProp essays won't be as high, but those will be the differentiators, as will the aforementioned PT-A, and the MBEs, which I thought were more difficult than in past exams.

    But what do I know? I haven't passed any bar exam yet!

    By the way, nice blog. Welcome to the Blog-O-Sphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks GP! I believe you are correct when you mention that the more difficult questions are going to be the difference makers. The direct Crim, K, and other essays answers will look more of the same than the complex CivPro and Property questions.

    But what do I know also? I'm not a bar exam grader. Good luck GP! I am pulling for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know guys. I hope I'll score 160-170 on the MBE in order to have a shot on the exam.The Q that got model answers on one website are in most part similar to mine but there are some other stuff on the Q The real prop. Q for me wasn't bad, the civ. procedure Q I talk evidence on call 1 call 2 - 2 sentences and call 3 collateral estoppel. PT A - o.k. I hopeI get some 60+ but PT B - 55 the most based on what I see other people put!

    Who knows maybe the graders will be drunk reading my essays and give me more:))))

    No hope=No fear:))))lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ivo, don't worry too much about seeing or not seeing other issues raised in these "model" answers. These companies had all the time to create these answers and I'm certain they were in no way similar to the testing conditions you took. If you didn't write a specific issue, most likely a lot of people didn't write that issue too.

    ReplyDelete